How Much Does it Cost to Develop an Automotive Mobile App Development?
The automotive sector is rapidly moving to the next level of intelligence with autonomous vehicle development and connected car app development. In particular, innovative connected car applications are at the forefront in fully digitizing the automotive industry. High-level security, enhanced driving experience, car-to-car communication, and finding parking slots are a few benefits of connected car apps.
Excellent performance in coupled with the demand made connected car apps so popular. Moreover, the increasing adoption of the next-generation IoT technology in the automotive industry is expected to boost the market value of connected car apps development to $85 billion by 2022. So, investment in connected car app development will give revenue flows to businesses.
In the article, we have compiled a list of the best IoT-enabled connected car apps with features. We have also provided a detailed guide on the development cost of connected car apps for those businesses who plan to invest in connected car app solutions.
What Are Connected Cars?
Connected cars refer to vehicles equipped with internet connectivity. These vehicles communicate with IoT-enabled sensor devices, switch data over the internet, and provide Wi-Fi connection to the passenger for various needs. Connected cars support the driver to reach destinations quickly, safely in a cost-effective manner.
One of the best things about connecting cars is its data-sharing ability. So, let us know about the different levels in interchanging the data gathered.
- Vehicle to Infrastructure: Here, the connected vehicle interacts with surroundings to get real-time information about the traffic, road conditions, open parking spaces, and more.
- Vehicle to Vehicle: It enables information exchange between vehicles about speed, location, and traffic and helps drivers reach the destination safely and fast.
- Vehicle to Cloud: At this level, data exchange between vehicle and cloud platforms will take place. The connected cars send sensor data to the cloud platform for further storage and getting insights into vehicle maintenance and performance.
- Vehicle to Pedestrians: Data related to pedestrians on the road will be captured and shared with the driver as notifications.
- Vehicle to Everything: At this level, data related to weather patterns, accidents, road constructions, and nearby emergency vehicles, and traffic lights, etc will be shared with the driver.
Benefits of Connected Car Apps
- Vehicle Monitoring: The smart car apps regularly check the vehicle core condition and suggest actions to prevent breakdowns. Hence, users can reduce the maintenance cost of the vehicles.
- Car Efficiency: Connected cars give more control and information about vehicles and surroundings. The real-time data about the road’s status and traffic details improve the driving experience.
- Augment Vehicle’s In-Built Capabilities: Connected car apps help drivers get information on parking slots, navigation systems, traffic updates, and locate pedestrians on the road. It will ensure high-level security and happy driving. Connected car apps also offer cashback and discounts for availing services via third-party tools.
- Safe Driving: The drivers will be informed with real-time data of road conditions and can drive in the shortest routes. It reduces the chances of accident occurrences, heavy traffic and creates a safer way.
- Affect On Community & Environment: Connected car apps help users drive on pollution-free and safe roads. Smart routing ways help drivers reach destinations faster and safer.